Being “fit” has nothing to do with the way you look but everything to do with how you feel and move.
If you are reading this and thinking about making changes to better your overall health- then welcome! Here is my advice to you. These are all the things I have learned over the past 2 years in my personal fitness journey as well as in helping others with their health and fitness journey.
My Top 10 pieces of advice on getting started on your fitness journey
- Don’t be afraid to be a beginner. Everyone starts somewhere, everyone has been where you are right now. The only thing that separates you from people who are fit is that they started. So just start!
- Stop comparing yourself to other people! Your body is your body, own it, love it, accept it, embrace it, work it!
- Give yourself time. Natural, healthy body changes take time. There is no quick fix, there is no fast way to do it.
- Not everything you read on social media is true. Do NOT fall into the trap of taking “fat burner” supplements or bullshit teas. They don’t work, save your money! There is no magic pill!
- EAT GOOD FOOD! Stop with the cleanses. Short term diets are for short-term results. Stop learning how to diet and learn how to eat! Make healthy choices, eat the right foods and for god sake enjoy it! Just make smart choices and learn about proper portion. Healthy, natural, whole foods. It’s that simple
- You can’t out train a bad diet. This circles back to #5. You want abs, stop focusing on doing ab workouts, and focus on what you are putting in your mouth!
- Commitment! Motivation is what got you started, but making a commitment to yourself and being dedicated is what will keep you going. Remember- being fit is long term. You don’t do an 80 day program then just stop because you think you got ‘there’, ‘There’ has no end. You keep going, or you will be right back where you started.
- Challenge yourself! You are not going to get stronger if you don’t challenge your own strength.
- Keep track of your progress and celebrate all your achievements! (and tag me , because I want to celebrate with you and cheer you on!!!)
- Be realistic and expect fear, in fact, I want you to welcome it! Learn from your fear because it will bring failure and that is okay BUT you will get back up and overcome it. DO NOT give in to self-doubt and DO NOT give up. EVER!
Workout, Eat Well, Be Patient- Your body will reward you, I promise!!
Looking to get on track with your nutrition? I can help! Nutrition Coaching & Personal Training