This was my first time making Cauliflower pizza crust. Not sure why I waited so long to actually try making it, but I think it’s because Pizza is typically one of my cheat meals..so when I make pizza I make a regular ( usually spelt) crust pizza. Anyway, the boys wanted Pizza for Sunday dinner and I since I spent most of the week eating at Tim Hortons ( it was a rough week) I decided to give this low carb healthy crust a try. Well…it actually surprised me on how good it turned out, which is why I’m sharing my “off the top of my head” recipe that I sorta, kinda threw together.
This makes about an 8inch pizza crust.
- 1 bag of cauliflower ‘rice”. or you can use the crown of 1 whole cauliflower, cut up and pulsed in the food processor until finely chopped)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp grated mozzarella
- 1 tbsp whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Bring a pot of water to boil, once it starts boiling, add the cauliflower. let boil for 3-4 minutes
- drain cauliflower, then with a cloth or paper towel, squeeze all water out of the cauliflower. Make sure there is no water left. This is the most important step or you won’t get the crust to crisp
- in a bowl add cauliflower and the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. place cauliflower mix on sheet and flatten out into “crust” you can make it as thin or thick as you like.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- add your favorite pizza toppings
- then bake again for 10-15 minutes.